- Sector: Medical Devices, Consumer Goods, Automation, Controls, Automation Engineering
- Function: Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 27 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29132/001_1632738158
Senior Process Engineer
£50,000 - £60,000
We are currently looking for an experienced process engineer for a global organisation who specialise within the manufacturing of packaging, paper and film based product. This is a permanent role based in Merseyside with a salary of between £50,000 - £60,000.
The position demands a mature individual capable of working on technical/operational projects that involve a broad range of equipment, materials, and procedural issues. You will will have proven talents in: written/verbal communications; logical thought processes; project design and management; working effectively as a member of a team; and recognizing potential problems and providing means for avoiding the problems.
- Recommend improved processes, procedures, equipment, and materials which will enhance the efficiency of manufacture and quality of products.
- Recommend equipment and processes for manufacture of new products.
- Assist the development and scale-up of new products.
- Investigate and provide remedies for manufacturing process problems.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and understanding of current products, processes, equipment, and procedures.
- Maintain adequate records and orderly files on all assigned projects.
- Assist maintenance department with evaluations of equipment problems and design requirements of new or modified equipment. Monitor & evaluate the effectiveness of PM Programs. Recommend adjustments.
- Assist as needed on environmental compliance projects as they relate to the process function.
- Work with operating personnel to reduce waste generation.
- Develop's SOP's for the Department
- Minimum B.S. Engineering or Physical Sciences curriculum, plus five years of documented accomplishments in a manufacturing environment. Will consider a non-degreed candidate with a minimum of ten years practical experience in related manufacturing field and a proven history of accomplishments and increasing job responsibilities.
- Minimum of five years (degreed) or ten years (non-degreed) in a manufacturing environment related to the production of paper, films or web-based processing.
- Demonstrates practical problem-solving abilities and uses six sigma tools effectively
- Experience with plant start-up, and machine start-up.
- Experience with ISO 9001, TPM, Quality Circles etc.
- Experience with SPC or DOE.
- Experience with Startups/Changes/Troubleshooting.
The successful Process Engineer will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!