- Sector: Automation, Controls, Engineering & Manufacturing, Automation Engineering
- Function: Quality Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 24 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29215/001_1632482048
Senior Quality Engineer
£37,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a Senior Quality Engineer for our client based in Greater Manchester who specialise in precision engineering for the automotive, rail, marine and aerospace sector. This is a permanent role with a salary from £37,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience.
You will be responsible for the implementation and revisions of the Quality Management System, ensuring compliance by others; as well as maintaining the ISO9001 accreditation for the company. Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Quality Management Standards and achieving agreed KPIs and objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO accreditation
- Ensures all procedures and processes are compliant to ISO standards. Engages managers and employees in the importance of ISO principals and completes regular audits for compliance.
- Carries out / coordinates quality investigations and seeks resolutions. Takes appropriate action to remove any non-conformance.
- Conducts reviews of machine manufacturing processes to identify any quality issues and implements programmes for improvements.
- Supervises Quality Technician and ensures inspection of components are to specification. Liaises with suppliers on any rework or concessions. Completes root cause analysis for any nonconformance.
- Conducts supplier reviews to ensure high standard of service / components is provided, monitors agreements to minimise warranty failures.
- Assists in the compliance of Health & Safety and ensures legislative requirements are met. (Supported by external consultant.)
- Completes necessary risk assessments with the support of other qualified personnel and communicates the agreed standard working procedures.
- Maintains general policies and procedures and revision control.
- Provides a monthly report for presentation at the management meeting on quality metrics, Health & Safety issues, KPIs and department objectives.
- Control of calibration registers and ensures schedule is maintained.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience of working in a heavy machinery manufacturing environment.
- Degree qualified
- Have a full understanding of ISO 9001 requirements.
- Be familiar with Continuous Improvement tools and techniques.
- Ability to deliver the quality management plan without supervision.
- Good understanding of Health and Safety requirements for a manufacturing business.
- Ability to motivate, and direct staff to deliver high levels of support to the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator, able to convey technical information.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to conduct and facilitate quality investigations to identify root cause.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of an MRP system would be advantageous
The company are a well-respected automation and controls company who specialise within precision engineering. They are offering a flexible working environment where you can develop your career and help you gain more transferable skills