- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM
- Function: Software Engineer
- Contact: Rachael Phillips
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 31 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28787/001_1625135145
Senior Software Engineer - Audio
Farmington Hills, MI
Salary $110 000 negotiable
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier, Designing, Validating and Manufacturing Infotainment Systems in Farmington, Michigan. The business offers an attractive package, career growth and the opportunity to work with a number of leading OEM customers across North America. The business however is happy to accept candidates across North America.
Leading the audio domain through the supplier's software product line, whilst responsible for assuring that audio solutions are successfully integrated into the infotainment head unit product, on time with high quality to multiple customers.
- Works with local Audio teams to analyze requirements, design and maintain Audio integration frameworks for infotainment projects with on-time and high quality deliverables to multiple customers.
- Works with global software development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write test cases for unit testing.
- Works with Audio component suppliers to analyze requirements and develop interfaces to other modules.
- Provides direction to both on-shore and off-shore development teams to develop new features, debug defects and write unit level test frameworks and test cases.
- Evaluates new software releases from suppliers to ensure it meets the acceptance criteria.
- Coordinates software development activities with other software teams.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and methods for the purpose of recommending changes that will benefit current and future customer programs.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields
- Interprets and enforces (complies) Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other statistical information.
The ideal candidate will be degree educated and with experience leading a team of software engineers.
- Minimum two (2) years leading a team of software engineers with a formal development process such as Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, or Extreme Programming.
- Expert with C, C++ and Object Oriented Design (OOD).
- Experience in designing, developing and debugging software in a real-time embedded environment.
- Experience integrating or developing an audio framework for any one of the following multi-channel, or multi-zone audio products: Mobile Audio, Set-top Box Audio, in vehicle infotainment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) systems.
- Working knowledge of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience working in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based databases.
- Experience in Android audio framework development, Linux audio device drivers development and Audio HAL development.
- Experience in Hifi or qualcomm hexagon DSP interface development
- Experience in ALSA Audio framework,
- Experience in Qualcomm snapdragon or Samsung exynos audio framework
- Familiar with Yocto recipes
My client are looking to recruit the right person as soon as possible and have the capacity to start immediately, so if interested please apply today!