Birmingham, West Midlands
2 months ago
SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Due to a recent organisational restructure, our client based in the Birmingham area is searching for a driven Senior Supply Chain Manager to form part of their senior management team. They are looking for someone from an Automotive or Aerospace background.
The business are a well established and highly sought after Automotive business and they are looking for a strategically focused supply chain specialist to oversee the materials, planning, logistics and stores and functions for their busy and innovative manufacturing facility. The business has industry leading products and is looking at entering into new markets.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this role will take full strategic responsibility for Supply Chain whilst interacting with the wider business on engineering, production and planning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team consisting of materials, planning, logistics and stores
- Manage a supply of goods and materials to support the production program
- Achieve business targets in terms of inventory turns, cost reductions, supplier performance metrics etc.
- Develop new sources of supply in line with product technological requirements
- Promote a high performance organisation within Supply Chain function
- Manage working capital with regards to Inventory management and supplier payment
- Develop and maintain third party shipping providers
- Lead management of key supplier relationships; encouraging value-based strategic partnerships
- Working with other areas of the business to take forward designs and prototypes of new products
The ideal Senior Supply Chain Manager will need to be driven and be able to show true leadership qualities.
Key experiences required:
- Significant experience with managing a team, ideally in a high volume, JIT Automotive environment
- Automotive supply experience is essential
- A proven track record of enhancing a supply chain and delivering on projects
- Familiar with MRP and ERP systems
- Good track record of directly negotiating major contracts
- Experience in developing new international sources of supply
- Good planning skills
- Ideally will have a Supply Chain/Engineering Degree
- MCIPS is desirable
Our client are a well established name in their market. They are investing heavily in their UK operation and have scope to train and develop all staff. They offer excellent benefits and have genuine opportunities for progression.
There is an immediate need to recruit this role and our client are keen to interview as soon as possible. If interested please apply now.