Manchester, Greater Manchester
£33000 - £37000 per annum + benefits
20 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
My client is a market leading, food manufacturing business who are a leader within their niche. This business operates from a great facility in the Manchester area which has seen significant and continual investment.
As a Shift Manager you will be responsible for a team of circa 30 people on a shift ensuring production targets are met.
Example responsibilities include:
- Due to the nature of the site the shift manager will also have responsibility for taking appropriate action to support colleagues in all operational areas, and with personnel at any time, including those not under their immediate and nominated control.
- Lead and develop their team to deliver against operational plans to budget whilst supporting a culture of openness, excellence, safety and performance management and continuously improving standards
- To take on any other tasks as reasonably requested and required to meet the needs of the business.
- To provide motivation and leadership to promote efficient and effective use of resources.
- Promotes a positive safety culture, ensuring they are aware of their and their teams' responsibility towards safety on site.
- Relevant checks and paperwork completed correctly Monitor and continuously evaluate to use of materials whilst maintaining agreed quality standards Contribute to HR management of team performance
- Shift Management experience
- Experience of Food, Drink or Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- People Management experience
- Continuous Improvement initiatives and knowledge