West Midlands, England
£25000 - £32000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
This is a chance to join a global food manufacturer who creates some of the world's most loved products. They have a reputation for creating the highest quality products on the market across numerous categories.
The Spec Tech will be working within the customer focused innovation team. This role is responsible for reviewing, maintaining and approving all ingredient and customer specifications. You will be involved with completing customer specifications & approving cutting guidelines and artwork for new products.
- Completion of customer specifications for the business, ensuring all information meets customer policies and regulatory guidelines
- Collection of information from customers and completing specifications.
- Maintaining the formulation management and SAP (ingredient and finished product) database for NPD projects
- Ensuring specifications are correctly uploaded to the data base and meet all requirements
- Proactively communicate any potential material specification changes to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure a timely response to internal or external queries relating to specifications
- Support the rest of the NPD team relating to specification requirements
- Science based A-Levels or equivalent
- A Degree or foundation in Food Technology or a relevant Science or applied Science subject is preferred
- Previous demonstrated experience in the food industry in a specifications writing position
- Experience in gathering and agreeing technical standards, demonstrating knowledge of regulatory requirements for food safety and labelling
- Experience in creating and completing different customer specification, including web based systems
- Knowledge of processing Poultry/ Meat would be highly preferred, including specifications for fully cooked ready to eat products
- Effective communication skills, both spoken and written in English
- The ability to work collaboratively with the wider NPD team and build effective working relationships
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Excel and Word and customer specification databases
- The ability to prioritise competing demands and work to tight deadlines
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent