£35000 - £43000 per annum + + bonus
11 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Strategic Buyer - Indirects and Raw Materials
This is a global FMCG business who produce market leading products in multiple categories around the world. Their Liverpool site produce niche products and this Buyer will ensure that all site purchasing runs smoothly with support from the global Purchasing team.
You will have 1 direct report (Junior Buyer).
- Manage portfolio of suppliers providing indirect goods and services as well as materials to Supply Point in terms of security of supply, productivity, safety & quality, working capital, supplier relationship and performance management.
- Pro-actively work with stakeholders to define and implement strategies for local spend.
- Co-Development of global category sourcing strategies for local execution.
- Define and execute local indirect sourcing strategy.
- Provide to the internal stakeholders the appropriate sourcing execution (Raw Materials, Packaging, Goods and Services, Capex) at optimized total cost of ownership, in line with Factory needs and the Category strategies.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Buyers and other experts globally on spend that could be sourced jointly to deliver synergies.
- Manage and develop effective and productive relationships with local suppliers, lead performance evaluation.
- Educated to degree level with direct sourcing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- CIPS qualified would be advantageous.
- Highly analytical with strong negotiation & relationship building skills.
- A curious mindset and able to spot areas for improvement within processes on an ongoing basis.
- SAP experience
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent