Stockport, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
£35,000 - £45,000+ EXCELLENT BENEFITS
We are currently looking for a skilled Supplier Quality Engineer for a global blue chip business based in the Stockport. The business have a market leading product with a global customer base and are looking to bring someone into their successful engineering team immediately.
Reporting to the site Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer will be part of a key member of the Quality function. You will be working closely with suppliers, performing supplier audits to qualify and verify the capability of suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements, in collaboration with Procurement. Key responsibilities for the Quality Engineer will include:
- Manage the suppliers to deliver all the requirements of NPI projects.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of supplier caused defects
- ensure the 8D approach is used to establish the correct root cause and that corrective and preventative actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Manage the suppliers to ensure timely delivery of completed PPAPs for all supplied parts.
- As Quality Engineer, create visit reports and KPIs to monitor the supplier achievement against commitments.
The ideal Quality Engineer will need to be resilient, have a dynamic approach to problem solving and have high attention to detail. On top of this, you will need to match the following criteria;
- Minimum 3 years+ experience In a Quality Engineer position
- Strong experience working in the Automotive sector (Tier 1/ automotive)
- Comfortable with automotive Production and Quality Processes (PPAP / APQP / FMEA)
- Strong level of competence using IT packages
- Excellent communicator
- Willingness to travel to suppliers when required
- Educated to HNC level or above would be advantageous
Our client is a market leading, bespoke engineering business, with an extensive list of high profile customers. They are in a very healthy position, going through year on year growth, and have an excellent reputation for staff retention. This is due largely in part to the constant investment they place in their systems and their facilities, as well as their excellent working culture on site and incentives provided! If you are interested in this excellent Quality Engineer opportunity, please apply NOW!