Halifax, West Yorkshire
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
SUPPLIER QUALITY TECHNICIAN
PRECISION ENGINEERING ORGANISATION
£28,000- £32,000+ excellent benefits
Excellent new opportunity for a driven and career motivated Supplier Quality Technician to join a leading precision engineering business as a key member of their Quality team. The opportunity will have excellent prospects for career development and progression!
The Supplier Quality technician will work closely with the Head of engineering and be put into an immediate training plan, getting up to speed quickly with the business products and processes. you will become integral in helping to maintain quality control measures through the manufacturing process. As Quality Technician, other duties will include the following;
- Support the issuing of an effective monthly supplier quality performance report for designated suppliers.
- Forge strong working relationships with suppliers to address all Non-Conformance issues and the effective implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to drive overall quality and delivery performance.
- Process supplier certificates ensuring that the correct certificates are delivered with the product
- Manage the supplier non-conformances to ensure that corrective action is taken, suppliers are notified and actions recorded on SAP
- Timely escalation of any potential quality issues to the Quality & Supply Chain teams, ensuring that effective countermeasures can be jointly agreed and implemented in a timely manner.
The ideal Supplier Quality Technician will need to have strong communication skills and be comfortable working within a high performing team.
- 2 years+ experience within a Quality based role
- Recent working background in an engineering environment essential (Machine Shop/ Automotive/ Rail/ Aero)
- Good understanding of ISO operating standards
- Proven experience of Core Quality Tools
- Methodical with an attention to details.
A recognised Engineering business and a market leader in their field; The right Quality technician for this role will be given full autonomy to make key decisions within the business and will also benefit from industry leading training and development, with excellent opportunities for future career progression. You will also benefit from fantastic benefits and company incentives.
If you are interested in this Supplier Quality Technician opportunity, then please apply now.