£55000 - £60000 per annum
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Supply Chain Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 plus benefits
An unique opportunity has arisen to join the senior leadership team for an industry leading automotive manufacturing company based in the Crewe area. The business are going through a period of growth and now looking for someone to develop and grow the business's Purchasing and Supply Chain functions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be a key member of the senior leadership team, heavily involved in the strategic direction for the site fin all Purchasing & Supply Chain activity. Your goal is to establish, grow, professionalise and lead the end to end Supply Chain Management function on it's journey to world class.
- Managing a team consisting of purchasing, materials, planning, logistics and warehouse management
- People management such as appraisals and performance reviews
- Manage a supply of goods and materials to support the production program
- Achieve business targets in terms of inventory turns, cost reductions, supplier performance metrics etc
- Analyse existing supplier based and move the business from tactical to strategic procurement, identifying new suppliers from both the UK and internationally
- Develop new sources of supply in line with product technological requirements
- Promote a high performance organisation within Supply Chain function
- Manage working capital with regards to Inventory management and supplier payment
The ideal Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager will need to be driven and be able to show true leadership qualities.
Key experiences required:
- Significant experience with managing a team, ideally in a progressive engineered environment such as Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Yellow Goods or similar
- The ability to build a team and take business on a journey to world class
- A proven track record of enhancing a supply chain and delivering on projects
- Familiar with MRP and ERP systems
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and reviewing their performance
- Ideally will have a Supply Chain/Engineering Degree
Our client is a leading manufacturer based near to Crewe. Their facility and offices are of the highest standard and they have a full order book in place for a number of years. The suitable candidate who delivers can expect to see enhanced opportunities within the group structure. The business is growing and laying the foundation for future expansion. This role is commutable from a number of locations including Crewe, Cheshire, Stoke, Warrington, Liverpool and Southern Manchester.