Walsall, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
29 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL MANUFACTURING BUSINESS
Up to £50,000+ Bonus & Benefits
Fantastic Opportunity!! We are working with an industry leading electrical Engineering business who are in the middles of an exciting period of growth. They are currently looking to recruit a Planning Manager to join their senior management team. This business have an industry leading range of products and have an impressive growth strategy that will enable excellent opportunities for growth and progression.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Planning Manager will be responsible for creating and delivering a world class supply chain solution to support the achievement of the businesses strategic vision. You will be leading the end to end supply chain for the business, ensuring productivity is maintained at the highest possible level, whilst being directly involved in identifying and implementing the strategic goals of the business.
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain
- Manage the MRP module of the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials to meet the production plan & customer orders, ensure data integrity and MRP message adherence
- Lead the achievement and maintenance of the specified inventory and E&O targets through the use of appropriate inventory optimisation tools, whilst ensuring service levels to customers are met and not compromised.
- Develop the inventory strategy to ensure action plans are developed and root cause analysis of below target performance are identified and counter measures implemented
- As Planning Manager you will be involved in S&OP Supply management activities
The ideal Planning manager will need to have worked in a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally engineering, where they have overseen the end to end process (planning, materials, warehousing, procurement etc). Key attributes for this Planning Manager role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years expereince within Supply Chain function
- Experienced in supervision/ management of a team
- Background working across Material planning/ Logistics & Warehousing
- Understanding of S&OP
- Self-starter with high energy levels, personal drive and commitment
- Experienced user of MRP systems
The business has cemented a reputation for being a true market leader in their field. Their strategic vision over the next 5 years will see them further enhance that reputation, with plans for significant growth and expansion. In order to do this, the business recognise the need to attract the best possible people into their senior team. On top of this being a fantastic career opportunity, the business are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and package. If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply now.