Manchester, Greater Manchester
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
TECHNICAL BUYER/ SENIOR BUYER
SPECIALIST ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£40,000- £45,000+ BONUS+ BENEFITS
An exciting NEW opportunity has arisen for my client, an industry leading Engineering business based in Manchester who are going through significant year on year growth! They are looking to bring in a dynamic Engineering biased Senior Buyer, to work closely with Engineering teams on the launch of a rage of new products.
Reporting Directly to the Operations Director, the Senior Buyer role will Support the development and production of commercial and industrial products. You will Source complex technical components & finished goods within deadlines and budgets, taking accountability for external supply chain performance to meet the agreed costs, quality and delivery targets. Areas of focus for the Senior Buyer will also include;
- Work closely with the Development Engineer & Product Manager in the selection of key suppliers and sources for existing products and NPD projects
- Benchmarking of all products within the given area to ensure best total acquisition cost are achieved
- As a Senior Buyer, leading/supporting supplier negotiations as required to achieve the above.
- Continually monitor and develop performance and review on a regular basis
- Strategic planning for UK & overseas purchasing reporting on budget, cost down actual against target, current projects status
- Manage specialist product suppliers with full understanding of application and customer need
The ideal candidate for the Senior Buyer role will have the following;
- Experienced in a strategically focused purchasing role within an Engineering environment
- Bias in Experience working in electrical engineering environment would be advantageous
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven organisational and planning ability
- Teamwork is essential
- HNC or above in relevant discipline engineering bias for example) preferred
The right Senior Buyer for this role will be joining a business that are going through an exciting period of growth, with a fantastic reputation in their sector. They are committed to training and developing their people and can offer genuine opportunities for progression. If you want to be considered for this opportunity, please apply now!