- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Operations Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 30 September 2021
- Job Ref: 28844/002_1630425707
UK Operations Manager
Global Manufacturing Business
£80,000- £90,000+ Car & Excellent Package & Benefits
Unique career opportunity! We have partnered exclusively with a $1bn turnover manufacturing business who have a state of the art facility based in the Liverpool area, who are looking to recruit a UK Operations Manager to form part of the executive leadership team for Europe.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role will establish the plant's strategic goals and objectives and ensure alignment with the business team.
- Actively pursue bench marking to set new standards for safety, quality, productivity, service and costs using competitive knowledge and industry information
- Set and maintain high safety standards ensuring proper accountability and implementing processes to eliminate unsafe work practices
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve plant performance
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders
- Support and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet the goals of the Company e.g. lean manufacturing and embedding continuous improvement into the day to day running of the site
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, overall equipment efficiency, waste, engineering effectiveness and human resources
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the plant is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment
The ideal Operations manager for this role will be highly motivated and career driven. You should have worked in an environment where you have been strategically focused in developing processes to company growth plans. Key criteria to be consider for the role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years+ experience working in a senior operations position
- Essential you are experienced in fast paced/ high volume manufacturing environments
- Good exposure to lean manufacturing principles and background implementing a lean culture
- Experience with operational performance systems
- Strong leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritisation and execution skills
- Educated to degree level would be an advantage
The successful Operations Manager will be joining a market leading organisation going through an exciting period of organic growth. They have ambitious plans over the next 5 years to open more manufacturing sites across Europe, giving genuine scope for future progression into group level roles in the future. This company also have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. If you are interested, then please apply now!