£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Package
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
WAREHOUSE & LOGISTICS MANAGER
BUILDING PRODUCTS- NOTTINGHAM/ LINCOLN
£45,000- £55,000+ Excellent Benefits
My client is an industry leading, globally recognised manufacturing business supplying products into the construction industry, based in the Nottingham area. They are currently looking to recruit a dynamic Warehouse & Logistics Manager into their senior management team. This is a newly created role.
Reporting directly to the head of Operations, the remit of the Warehouse & Logistics Manager will be to provide strong leadership and develop the inventory management process/ materials & stock handling / value added processes to achieve both effective and efficient stock control management and on time supply to internal manufacturing facilities and site. You will be tasked with maintaining accurate inventory management of incoming materials and driving material forecasting, planning and logistics in conjunction with the production management teams
- Full involvement in the implementation of new innovations in the stores function, MRP, Kanban, etc.
- Manage the stores for the manufacturing site and lead a team to deliver an excellent service and onsite availability of operational products, goods and PPE.
- Develop and implement processes and controls to effectively manage goods in/out, location and issue
- Implement and maintain a stock management process to consistently achieve stock accuracy
- Support, implement and sustain continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques and philosophies including removal of non-value-added activities.
- Produce regular reports and statistical information as required.
The ideal Warehouse & Logistics Manager will need to have strong communication and organisational skills, and be used to working in a fast paced manufacturing environments. Key criteria looked for will be focused on;
- Strong Experience of Materials management, gained within a busy/ high volume environment environment
- Demonstrable experience in leading team within a stores/ warehouse environment
- Proven skills and experience of manufacturing material control
- Strong organisation skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exposure to Lean manufacturing techniques would be desirable, but not essential
This business has cemented a reputation for being a true market leader in their field. Their strategic vision over the next 5 years will see them further enhance that reputation, with plans for significant growth and expansion. In order to do this, the business recognise the need to attract the best possible people into their senior team. On top of this being a fantastic career opportunity, the business are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and package. If you are interested, please apply now.