- Sector: Commercial Vehicles & Vehicle Conversions, Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM, Automotive
- Function: Electrical Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 31 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28789/001_1625150178
Field Service Engineer
£41,800 inclusive of shift allowance
We are currently looking for a number of Field Service Engineers for a global bus/coach making manufacturer based in Greater London. This role is a permanent role paying up to £41,800 inclusive of shift allowance.
You will be responsible providing aftersales product support to the range of vehicles at various London depots. Supporting the full fleet of electric vehicles including service, repairs, diagnostics, and timely resolutions to very high standards in line with Switch product support policies and Switch Group terms and conditions of supply.
Other duties include
- All aspects of PSV maintenance, inspection, fault diagnostics and repairs at customers premises and if required
- To liaise with customer, call centre and parts staff to report defects, order required spares, to enable job completion in a timely fashion. Complete legible and accurate job write ups and reports, obtaining authorisation and signature from suitably authorised depot staff once work is completed and prior to leaving site.
- To scan fully completed job cards to Thurrock service centre for processing on the day of completion or as soon as possible thereafter.
- To actively partake in product training as and when required.
- To always observe health and safety, being aware of surroundings and local engineering requirements.
- Assist customer when required, with servicing / repairs to improve their product knowledge.
- Full driving licence + PSV licence
- Minimum City & Guilds level 3 vehicle maintenance or equivalent
- Excellent electrical and computer based diagnostic skills
- EV or Hybrid competence, including HV trained in relation to High voltage DC electrical systems
- Able to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Good level of English language (written & spoken)
The company is a fast moving company with in the public transport sector and are currently working on numerous projects for Transport for London. They are a leading EV manufacturer in the public transport sector. They pride themselves on customer focus and strive for team spirit and excellence from their employees.