- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Planner
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29206/001_1632406777
Graduate Materials Planner
6 Month Fixed Term Contract
£25,000 - £30,000 pro rata
We are currently looking for a graduate materials planner for a global manufacturing company who specialise within the rail sector. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable within the engineering sector to build on your career. The role is based in Staffordshire with a pro rata salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum.
- Release PO's to suppliers to cover material requirements as defined by the demands (qty and timing) as defined by the plans within the MRP system. Where orders are placed for parts without demand being present this should only be done where authorised.
- Manage schedules on suppliers with regular reviews to ensure validity. Where deviation is identified work with the supplier and internal resources (Customer Services, Production Planner, Project Manager to achieve a valid alternative plan.
- Review and resolve (where possible) issues highlighted by any action messages generated daily by the MRP system.
- Minimise inventory impacts of material purchases ensuring materials are not sourced in excessive quantity or earlier than needed.
- Take responsibility for setting and maintaining any planning parameters within the MRP system, being pro-active where needed.
- Maintain KPI's on Suppliers e.g On time delivery performance, average time to confirm etc.
- Identify and potential points of failure in advance and make recommendations on a realistic recovery plan.
- Provide the Sales Administration team with information when required in relation to the supplier schedules.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline or similar
- Experience of working with ERP/MRP systems essential
- 6 Months experience in a similar role, either in a university placement or firsthand experience
The business are a true market leader in their field and have an excellent track record for developing their people and providing routes for progression! If this role is of interest, then please don't hesitate to apply NOW!