- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM, Automotive
- Function: Manufacturing Manager
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 18 August 2021
- Job Ref: 28867/001_1626710655
Head of Manufacturing Engineering
£65,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Manufacturing Engineering for a global coach building company who is in the process of manufacturing and producing electrical (EV) public transport vehicles based in Yorkshire. This is a permanent role offering a starting salary of between £65,000 and £70,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
As the Head of Manufacturing Engineering and Projects, you will :
- Be responsible for current operations and products:
- Resetting existing manufacturing lines for better efficiency with recurrence prevention processes.
- Liaising between engineering and automotive market for smooth introduction of change controls.
- Improving efforts and ergonomics in the line to increase productivity and improve throughput.
- Be responsible for New Product Introduction (NPI):
- Design of process and facilities and implementing the same for smooth introduction of new product.
- Leading simultaneous engineering stock process design as part of NPI.
- Setting up process standards and control documents to enable quality and repeatability to deliver design intent.
- Be responsible to set up new manufacturing facilities and assembly lines:
- Developing technical specifications for new facilities, liaising with different agencies to develop a project plan and lead the execution.
- Capacity planning and facility planning including recurring capital expenditure and preparation of annual budgets.
- Experienced in TQM practices.
- 6 sigma qualification.
- Providing leadership, coaching and development of the Process Engineering Team in order to provide exceptional service and continuous improvement.
- Develop plans and roadmap for improvements in processes.
- Identify bottlenecks, expenditure and resource requirements
- Delivery of product against plan, on time, and to the quality and cost required.
- Management of stores inventory, ensuring processes are aligned with our business needs.
- Implement IATF16949 level practices to support accreditation and customer audits.
- Lead robust production practices, i.e. generation of process flow and control plans in line with automotive, aerospace, and industry best practice as appropriate.
- Work with and support other operational functions and stakeholders across the business
The company is a fast moving company with in the public transport sector and are currently working on numerous projects in the Yorkshire area and Transport for London. They are a leading EV manufacturer in the public transport sector. They pride themselves on customer focus and strive for team spirit and excellence from their employees