- Sector: Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences , Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Design Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 28 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29234/001_1632839594
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Up to £56,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Design Engineer for an exciting Medical Device company in the Basingstoke area on a Permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required on site for around 2 days per week with the rest of the work to be completed remotely.
The Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will clearly interpret medical device requirements and take full responsibility for originating innovative design & mentoring a small team of design & test engineers.
Due to the nature of the requirement we require someone with the following experience:
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Expert in design, develop and implementing innovative design schemes using Solidworks or an alternative MCAD software package.
- Understand Top-Down design principals, using CAD functionality and other digital analysis tools, with a strong appreciation of stress, fatigue and predictive CFD modelling to accelerate iterative design.
- Experience in the design of high-volume plastic based parts, specifically using Injection Moulding & Additive manufacturing
- Proven experience in designing complex mechanisms using CAD software (Solidworks preferred, NX or PTC/Creo will be considered) and experience with the PLM environment.
- Comprehensive experience in bringing (Electro-mechanical) medical devices products to market, work closely with PMO to ensure timelines are monitored and maintained (would also consider candidates from other highly regulated industries such as Aerospace or Defence)