Stockport, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £35000 per annum
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
£30,000 - £35,000 DOE
Our client, a global engineering and fabrications business is looking for an experienced design engineer to join their team to support their continued growth.
In joining this company you will be impacting the world in important ways. Reporting directly to the Design Manager the Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team working across a variety of different sized projects for a range of different companies internationally.
You will be responsible for:
- Create, draft and design new products and using customer specification and recommendations
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Liaising with clients and shop floor to help trouble shoot any production problems
- Educated to at least HND level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 3+ years Mechanical Design Engineering experience
- Experience with CAD software (SolidWorks preferred but not essential)
- Background in heavy engineering/fabrications would be preferable
- Strong communication skills across a range of different levels
Our client is a well-established market leading manufacturer and supplier of their unique product. The company has a strong focus on progression and personal development and would be looking to bring someone into their team immediately.