- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Operations Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 30 September 2021
- Job Ref: 29053/001_1630399567
Leading Engineering Business
Up to £70,000+ Excellent Package
Superb opportunity to join an industry leading, engineering business who supply specialist equipment and machinery into a global customer base. They are going through a period of unprecedented growth & expansion! The business are looking for a career driven and dynamic Operations Manager to form a key member of their senior leadership team. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in a thriving business!
Reporting to the MD, this role will take full ownership of all site Operations, establishing the plant's strategic goals and objectives in the UK as they continue to grow;
- Full responsibility for company's manufacturing (Fabrication, Paint, Fitting, Electrical panels, Assembly and test), engineering and supply chain teams
- Motivating and coaching teams of manufacturing, supply chain and engineering personnel as well as working collaboratively with the other teams, e.g. sales, software; working closely with Financial Controller
- Ensuring each customer receives their machine on time and to the required high standard.
- Working with the team in developing and improving the company's systems and processes; strengthening manufacturing practices
- Ensuring the company's products and services are developed and manufactured with, and comply with all relevant standards and legislation.
- Put plans and processes in place to reduce production errors, improve efficiencies and shape the success of our foreign production facility and other potential expansions
- High focus on H&S across the companies
The ideal Operations Manager for this role will be highly motivated and career driven. You should have worked in an environment where you have been strategically focused in developing processes to company growth plans. Key criteria to be consider for the role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years+ experience working in an Operations/ Production Leadership role (or similar)
- Essential you are experienced in Engineering environments- Fabrication/ Machining
- Good exposure to lean manufacturing principles and background implementing a lean culture
- Good understanding of Engineering processes
- Strong leadership skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritisation and execution skills
- Educated to degree level would be an advantage
The successful Operations Manager will be joining a market leading organisation going through an exciting period of organic growth. They have ambitious plans over the next 5 years to open more manufacturing sites across Europe, giving genuine scope for future progression into group level roles in the future. This company also have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. If you are interested, then please apply now!