- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Manufacturing Engineer
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 28 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28765/001_1624897981
LEADING PRECISION ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£35,000- £40,000 + Excellent Benefits
We are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious Process Engineer for a leading FMCG Manufacturing Business based locally to the Manchester/ Oldham area!
Reporting directly to the Head of UK Engineering, the Process Engineer will be an integral member of the team, working on identification & resolution of day to day process, production and quality issues
- Lead continuous improvement activities related to the factory objectives
- Reduce manufacturing waste
- Track and report the performance of the processes against the factory KPI's
- SMED implementation to reduce changeover times and increase factory flexibility
- To create / optimise work instructions and aid standardisation of working techniques and adoption of best practices & any learnings
- Drive and implement any required like for like raw materials changes as defined by factory objectives.
- Aid the NPD Team were applicable in achievement of factory objectives / new product commissioning
- To propose and prove cost savings in line with factory objectives
- To develop new technologies or equipment to be utilised in the existing production lines.
The Process Engineer will need to meet the following criteria;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Process Engineering role or similar
- Must have worked in a fast moving manufacturing environment (such as FMCG/ Food/ packaging for example)
- Understanding of modern manufacturing processes and control systems
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working with autonomy
- Educated to HNC level or above in relevant engineering discipline
Our client is a leading manufacturing business that are well established in the market and supply internationally. They are renowned for excellent development and training and offer strong career development and are looking to bring someone into their successful team immediately. This is a fantastic opportunity! If interested, then please apply now!