- Sector: Rail, Commercial Vehicles & Vehicle Conversions, Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM, Automotive
- Function: Electrical Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 01 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28597/001_1622564358
Production Support Manager (Electrical)
£45,000 - £50,000
We are currently looking for an experienced Production Support Manager, who is electrically biased for a global coach building company who is in the process of manufacturing and producing electrical (EV) public transport vehicles based in Yorkshire. This is a permanent role with a starting salary ranging from £45,000 - £50,000.
Reporting to the head of production, you will be required to prepare for vehicle input by reviewing vehicle order instructions, estimating timescales and setting target dates and also setting quality standards. You will also be required to lead, coach and develop a group of Sub Contractors/operators on the Pre/Post Paint Production Lines in electrical stages respectively.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
To oversee the production process, SOP and drawing up a production schedule in electrical stages.
- To ensure that the production is cost effective through sub contractors.
- To set quality standards ensuring quality requirements are understood, achievable, agreed, captured and continually targeted.
- To monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
- To monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes.
- To establish and maintain positive, productive working relationships with other departments e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Sales.
- To work with other Managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
- To maintain adherence to documentation, systems and procedures throughout the build process.
- To plan, co-ordinate and control the manufacturing of vehicles through each of the production cells.
Based out of the Sherburn office, the ideal Product Support Manager will have the following skills and experience;
Qualified Engineer in electrical/automobile/Rail engineering with electrical background
- Experience in automobile, Coach Building / Vehicle Body Building or Rail sector in electrical, programming and manufacturing.
- Experience in Managerial roles such as Supervisor, Cell Leader, and First Line Manager.
- Planning and organisational skills to be able to run and monitor the production process.
- Experience gained in the automotive / rail industry in production planning, process studies and quality inspection.
- Reliable and resilient, innovative thinker, quick to spot problems and countermeasures, interpersonal influencing, and negotiation.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team and other departments.
- The ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Experience of change management and people management.
The company is a fast moving company with in the public transport sector and are currently working on numerous projects in the Yorkshire area and Transport for London. They are a leading EV manufacturer in the public transport sector. They pride themselves on customer focus and strive for team spirit and excellence from their employees.