- Sector: Construction
- Function: Senior Electrical Engineer
- Contact: Cameron Morris
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: 11/10/21
- Expiry Date: 31 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29245/001_1633071506
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Contract 12 months: £28 - £32
Office/ Home Based
Outline of the role:
The Senior Design Engineer will manage the engineering projects and the operational activity of their respective discipline team on a day-to-day basis, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard for the company.
You will play a key role in supporting the training and development of the less experienced team members, and take the initiative when dealing with all project correspondence or provide advice to those in the team.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
* Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client's requirements,
* fees, and timescales etc.
* Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
* Undertake site visits i.e., surveys and prepare reports.
* Attend and Represent SVM at client and design team meetings.
* Arrange project review meetings, advise Regional Directors on progress, and assign jobs/tasks to your team members.
* Brief the internal team regarding projects including the client, scopes of works, costs, timescales etc.
* Take responsibility and provide guidance for the more Junior/Intermediate team members.
* Monitor design progress in accordance with the design deliverables schedule and or project
programme / deadline.
* Check and comply with SVM QA on all design/project work to ensure compliance with SVM
* Developing design proposals at sketch, detail design and production stages.
* Liaise and coordinate with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors.
* Develop the design through all BSRIA stages of the project - from planning to completion.
* Produce specifications, schematics, calculations, schedules, and drawings.
* Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
* Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain
comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
* Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e., British Standards /
* Understand BSRIA works stages.
* Knowledge of the use of Revit / BIM and the implementation of such software.
* Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM / Passihaus and sustainable / efficient
* IT literate - ability to use technical packages i.e., Hevacomp, AutoCAD, 3D Naviswork, Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Amtech, Dialux, Relux etc...
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of IES Thermal Modelling software.
Requirements for the role:
* Relevant Qualifications: BTEC Level 5/6 or a Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
* Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience within a design consultancy / contractor design environment.
* Desirable Chartered Engineer Status or membership of either CIBSE or another recognised institute.
* Ability to assist with numerous projects simultaneously.
* Ability to prioritise workload according to deadlines and maintain delivery.
* Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
* Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach and a proactive character in
* Production and work quality standards should be consistently high.