- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Software Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 04 November 2021
- Job Ref: 28509/004_1633419154
Software Controls Engineer / Rochdale / Permanent
Core Talent are currently partnered with an exciting business in the Rochdale area who have a need for 2 Engineers to join their Software & Controls team.. We are looking for 2x Software & Controls Engineers.
The client require the successful engineers to be based on site for 4 days per week with every Friday to be worked from home. The business have just won 3 exciting new projects which will keep them very busy over the coming year.
· Write software for high end precision machines fitted with Siemens 840d controls. The scope will vary from small modifications to machine functionality up to complete machine software design and implementation.
· Participate in the design process, be involved with design risk assessments and functional specification of new designs.
· Provide technical assistance and customer support largely via remote link or telephone but occasionally site visits are required.
· Be directly involved with machine commissioning, working closely with the production team to provide a smooth handover to Applications.
· Travel to customer sites to assist with installation and commissioning as required.
· Willingness and ability to travel within the UK and overseas.
· Fluent in Siemens S7, TIA, Safety and WinCC.
· Technical working knowledge of electrical/mechanical machine systems
· Willingness to tackle problems with legacy machines, Bosch Indramat, Fanuc and in-house controls.
· Ideally prior experience of programming within C++ or C#