- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM
- Function: Buyer
- Contact: Rachael Phillips
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Client: Meritor
- Expiry Date: 21 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29184/001_1632220478
Position: Sr Buyer
Department: Truck Purchasing
Location: Troy, Michigan
A leading Tier 1 supplier of drive-train, mobility, braking, aftermarket and electric power train solutions for commercial vehicles and industrial markets.
Will be responsible for contracting the right supplier, securing timely delivery of quality products against competitive pricing and maintaining data integrity used in corporate systems.
- Ensure all active purchase items have an approved source, identify, manage and implement re-sourcing activities
- Advise the team on global raw material and currency trends
- Developing new potential suppliers
- Support the creation and implementation of global sourcing strategies
- Create and implement sourcing strategies
- Achieve cost reduction targets
- Improve working capital impact (payment team increases, pay-on-consumption/consignment stock)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5-7 years experience in Purchasing or manufacturing environment
- Automotive experience preferred
- Buying experience in steel or metal products
- In-depth knowledge of quality audit procedures including PPAP, pre-awards, and technical reviews.
- Knowledge of raw material indexes and pricing
- Working with quality processes (ISO, TS, SOX)
Our client are looking to hire urgently, so please feel free to contact myself if you feel you're a good fit. If you know someone please do get in touch, as we offer a $1000 referral program for a successful candidate.