£30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
24 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
TECHNICAL AUTHOR- LEADING ENGINEERING ORGANISATION
Upto £35,000+ Excellent Benefits
Excellent New Created Opportunity!! An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Author to join a leading engineering based in the Chester area. They provide bespoke, Special Purpose Machinery to a range of industry sectors and have a well-established, global customer base.
The Technical Author will be key member of the well-established technical publications team and play a vital role in producing class-leading documentation packages in line with contractual requirements and timescales. The key responsibilities for the Technical Author will be as follows;
- Maintain product information directory as Technical Author
- Learn to interpret design documentation; schematic diagrams, arrangement drawings etc. in order to extract pertinent source information
- Manipulate 3D models to produce illustrations for documentation
- Produce fully bookmarked PDF of operation and maintenance manuals for committing to server or website
- Communicate and work with other departments to achieve company goals
- Become technically familiar with the business product range
- Become familiar with company codes of practice, IT and quality systems and personnel
The ideal Technical Author will need to have great attention to detail and be highly motivated. Full product training can be provided but you will need to be able to meet the following base criteria;
- Minimum 2 years+ experience in a Technical Author position essential
- Familiarity with Engineering/ manufacturing delivery environments and associated processes and terminology.
- Proven experience in preparation and publishing large documents, ideally using Adobe applications: InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- It would be useful to have some understanding Candidates must be familiar with 2D & 3D CAD systems.
- Comfortable in working effectively and efficiently in a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to work in different software environments in order to compile accurate and user-friendly information for product manuals.
Our client are a leading engineering business. They supply their technical product to an international customer based and have an excellent reputation in their market. The successful Technical Author will be joining a dynamic and growing team, and will benefit from full training and development as well as having excellent scope for career progression.